Your Rights and Responsibilities
Our aims are to offer the highest standard of health care and advice to our patients, with the resources available to us. We have a team approach to patient care and endeavour to monitor the service provided to patients, to ensure that it meets current standards of excellence.
We are dedicated to ensuring that practice staff and doctors are trained to the highest level and to provide a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
To this end we have adopted the following standards:
- You will be treated with courtesy and respect by all practice personnel.
- An urgent appointment with a doctor or nurse Practitioner will be available on the same day.
- All comments and suggestions about the service are welcome. Please use the box provided in the waiting area or via our online feedback form.
- If you have a complaint please speak to any member of staff or complete our online feedback form. Your complaint will be dealt with in a professional and efficient manner.
- We wish to make the The Highlands Practice as accessible as possible. If you have hearing, visual or physical difficulties please let us know so that we can enable you to fully use our services.
Your Responsibility to Us:
Help us to help you by doing the following:
- If you are unable to attend for an appointment please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer it to someone else.
- If you are late for your appointment you may be asked to rebook at another time. Try to let us know in advance if you are going to be unavoidably delayed, so that we can make alternative arrangements to help you.
- A home visit should only be requested for those who are unable to come to the surgery because of serious illness or infirmity. Please ring the surgery before 10.00 am if at all possible.
- An urgent appointment is for an urgent medical problem.
- We would ask you to be patient if the doctor is running late. This is often due to unforeseeable emergencies but please ask for an explanation from the receptionist.
- Make a separate appointment for each patient that needs to be seen. This allows the doctor enough time to treat each patient with the time that they deserve.
- Please act in a responsible and courteous manner whilst on the practice premises for the safety and comfort of others.
- Please treat all surgery staff, fellow patients, carers and visitors politely and with respect. Violence or verbal harassment will not be tolerated or accepted, you may be asked to register at another surgery if this behaviour occurs.